Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Spring is here and so are the exhibitions

Spring really has sprung recently and the garden is looking it's best now. It is very tempting to go out and do some weeding but as I am currently working on a piece of pure white quilting I need soft, clean hands not dirty rough ones. Anyway, that is my excuse so I can just sit out there and enjoy the sunshine!

In less than a couple of weeks, Bob and I are off to Malvern for the show, of course, but also for a week of walking in the hills and touring the surrounding area. I hope that the weather is a bit better than last year when we had everything that the sky could hurl at us as well as gale force winds. I will have two pieces of work on display at Quilts UK - a cot quilt and a miniature - and Sue Goodman will have a small wallhanging (Queen of Hearts). I do hope that you will visit them if you are able to go to the show and can drag yourselves away from all the trade stands for a few minutes.

Nearer home, over the last May Bank Holiday weekend, there will be a display of quilts by the quilters of North Norfolk in Wiveton Church. This would be an excuse for a lovely drive out to the sea for the day (Wiveton is just down the road from Blakeney and Cley) and the Church is opposite a very nice pub which does good grub and will be happy to entertain husbands whilst you take your time looking at the quilts.

I am sure that most of you will not need reminding of the BIG exhibition at Wroxham Barns on 9th, 10th and 11th June. Have you bought your raffle tickets yet? I shall be there demonstrating (something to be thought up at the last minute) but mostly hoping to see you all again and catch up with what you have been up to since I saw you last. I promise to bring what I have done over past months, although some pieces will be elsewhere, and I am looking forward to seeing some finished quilts which were in pieces last time I saw them. Don't let me down! The Hope Challenge sounds so interesting and although I haven't seen any, I have been given progress accounts of some of the conteders and they sound very interesting.

So, looking forward to seeing you at some or all of the above events.

Happy quilting and best wishes to you all,

Jacquie

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?