Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Spring has come at last

At long last, that cold wind has veered around to the west and we have been reminded of warmer, sunnier days by the sudden blooming of the spring flowers and the singing of the birds. Thank goodness!

My quilting has progressed well over the past couple of months and I am hoping to finish my latest piece of work (a small Baltimore style quilt for the National Quilt Championshps) by the end of April. I shall then have plenty of time over the summer to make a small wallhanging to celebrate my cousin's Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Those of you who buy 'Patchwork and Quilting' magazine will have noticed my article about the making of the gentleman's waistcoat and I must admit that I was very pleased with the way it looked. I do hope that the additional publicity for the Costume and Textile Association will result in many more people seeing their current exhibition at Carrow House, 'Stitch your way to Heaven', which has now been extended to June 15th. If you haven't seen it yet, it is well worth a visit. Telephone 01603 223870 for further information.

Thinking forward to the summer exhibition by 'Sew Creative' at Wroxham Barns, there will be a bag making day in the workshop on Saturday 1st April from 10.00a.m. to 4.00p.m. Do come along and bring your sewing machines and help make some gorgeous bags to sell at the exhibition to raise funds for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital Breast Cancer Resource Fund. Even if you just pop in to give a bit of encouragement to those who are sewing, you will be very welcome. Those of you who came to the last exhibition will remember the stirling work done by Ruby who, for the whole four days, sold the bags until none were left and raised a huge sum of money. Let us make Ruby's job easy for her again this year by making even more bags and purses for her to sell so that she can break her own record.

I am hoping that now the bad weather is eventually on the move that I shall be getting out and about again and able to meet up with all my friends who I have missed all winter.

Until then,

Happy quilting,

Jacquie

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?